National Society of Black Engineers
I’ve been an active member of NSBE since fall 2006 serving in numerous leadership positions at both the chapter and national levels.
In 2016, I led a series of professional development workshops for the executive board of the Northeastern University chapter, the Black Engineering Student Society. Topics included:</p>
- Task management & internal procedures for a team
- Fundraising/ Money Management (specialized to Northeastern/NSBE)
- Academic skills: developing your personal study plan
- Workshop workshop: how to plan effective workshops for general body meetings
- Establishing, recruiting and delegating to a committee
- Time management as a student leader
- Developing Professional Communication Protocol
As the National Academic Excellence Chair for 2014-15, I served as a member of the board of directors. I lead a team of six appointees and six regional counterparts to oversee the long term planning for and the implementation of programs to support members’ pursuit of academic excellence.
As Vice Chair to the Empowering African American Women in STEM Task Force in 2013-14, I facilitated the effort to pinpoint areas that the society should focus its efforts to be the most impactful in engaging more women in STEM.
In 2013-14 I served as the Collegiate Initiative Chair for NSBE Boston, in this capacity I served as a liaison for area collegiate chapters to the local professional chapter.